Welcome to our Early Learning Centre within the Australia International School Dubai where our highly qualified teachers support and scaffold the learning and development which occurs in this early stage. Our teachers recognise the importance of fostering a love of learning and inquiry early in a child’s development.
The diverse range of learning styles, needs and interests are well catered for in our warm, enriching and caring environment. Children feel safe, valued and happy as they explore exciting new ways to learn, play and find their feet at the beginning of this very special educational journey.
The Australian Early Years Learning Framework guides our pedagogy and practice. Children in AIS Dubai classrooms begin their educational journey through play and a range of provocations for learning. In our Early Learning Centre you will see children collaborating to explore, experiment and problem solve. Valuing the child's agency is fundamental to our program as children drive the curriculum based on their lines of inquiry. Furthermore, numeracy, literacy and STEAM are integrated into the learning program in a way that is contextually relevant to the children. More information on the Australian Curriculum ‘Early Years Learning Framework for Australia’ and the ‘Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines’ can be found here.
"Our highly trained and caring teachers devote focused time and effort to observing and listening to their students so that every child’s unique strengths, interests and abilities are understood."
The Australian Early Years Learning Framework works toward five outcomes for our students:
- Children Have A Strong Sense Of Identity.
- Children Are Connected With And Contribute To Their World.
- Children Have A Strong Sense Of Wellbeing.
- Children Are Confident And Involved Learners.
- Children Are Effective Communicators.
Based on observations of each child, learning experiences are developed to extend on their interests and enrich the learning and development of all ELC children at AIS Dubai.
CHILDREN AT AIS DUBAI WILL DELIGHT IN THE JOY OF LEARNING AS THEY:
- Build a more confident self-identity, sense of security and trust as well as increasing independence and resilience.
- Enhance their connectedness as they build positive and respectful relationships with those in their classroom, their community and an understanding of diversity in all aspects of our world.
- Take an active learning role as they explore, inquire, collaborate, make choices, solve problems, are creative, imaginative and make meaningful use of technology and ICT.
- Develop wellbeing as they learn to show care and respect for themselves and others both physically and emotionally.
- Expand their communication skills as they build significant early literacy and numeracy skills.
AIS Dubai recognises and respects the role parents play as their children’s first educators and as such, seeks to foster a partnership between home and school. Together parents and teachers support children from the very beginning of their education for a positive journey to success through a respectful and communicative partnership.
To enrol in our Early Learning Centre, children must be three years old to join Pre KG and four years old to join KG1 before or on 31 August of the starting academic year.
KHDA offers guidelines for age requirements for enrolment, please see this link for more information.