AIS Dubai is an exceptional educational institution. Located in the UAE, we provide an excellent opportunity for students to develop a deep understanding of Arabic and Islamic language and culture, while simultaneously learning within the globally recognised Australian National Curriculum.
With one of the largest campuses in the Emirates, state of the art teaching and learning labs, and a progressive and innovative focus on wellbeing for students, teachers, and staff, AIS Dubai is poised to become one of the most outstanding schools in the UAE.
All staff of AIS Dubai play a key role in the delivery of quality education to students: teaching to instill a lifelong love of learning is our core business. All staff members contribute to the vision of AIS Dubai through excellence in teaching and learning, a rigorous and challenging curriculum that has a multicultural, international perspective, fair and equitable work practices, and productive partnerships with the school community. This provides opportunities for students to acquire knowledge and understanding, pursue special interests, and develop social and intercultural skills which all contribute to the school and its strong sense of community.
Underpinning the work of our staff is our professionalism and adherence to high standards of ethical conduct, dedication to students, and care of them. In our delivery of educational services, there must be a clear articulation of what is expected of us in the way we conduct ourselves and perform our work. With these high expectations comes an incredibly supportive and cohesive team of established staff members, providing an expert educational environment within which to thrive and extend one’s professional knowledge and skills.
The Australian International School Dubai is seeking to appoint qualified and experienced teachers:-
2024/25 academic year opportunities for August 2024 commencements:
- Primary School Teachers - all year levels
- Secondary School Teachers - all subjects (Australian Curriculum and QCAA Senior Syllabus)
- Secondary School IB Teachers - all subjects
- Be a qualified, experienced classroom teacher with a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning.
- Experience teaching the Australian national curriculum and/or Queensland curriculum and/or IB, with strong student outcomes.
- Be deeply committed to the social and emotional development and wellbeing of all students.
- Passionate about providing enriched learning opportunities for students, both in and out of the classroom.
- Have experience in analysing data and setting in place appropriate actions and interventions to ensure personalise learning.
- Be able to implement and monitor high expectations across all aspects of the school.
- Be a team player, have a strong work ethic, and able to work effectively under pressure, prioritise appropriately, and meet deadlines.
- Contribute positively to all aspects of school life, including the extracurricular programme.
- Be an open-minded cultural learner.
- Be an exemplary role model who embodies the core values of the school.
- Display a growth mindset and be prepared to take risks and have a go.
As part of their commitment to recruiting outstanding teachers, AIS Dubai ensures that comprehensive professional development is provided to all staff.
A generous employment package, reflective of the school’s commitment to excellence, is provided to all staff.
How to apply
AIS Dubai receives interest from applicants with relevant experience across the year.
As we have a contractual agreement with Education Queensland, Queensland government teachers are able to negotiate special leave to work in the UAE. Please note that although Education Queensland International assists AIS Dubai with recruitment at times, the contract of employment for any position at AIS Dubai are directly with the owners of the school, and not with Education Queensland.
If you have the passion, energy, and commitment to drive accelerated outcomes for young people, we would welcome your application. In return, you will join a rapidly evolving organisation whilst enjoying the opportunity to live and work in one of the most vibrant parts of the world.
Applicants are invited to apply directly to AIS Dubai by submitting:
- A current CV (Max 3 Pages)including a recent passport size photograph
- A cover letter addressed to the Executive Principal, Mrs. Karen McCord
All applications must contain:
The names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional referees, including your current line manager and Principal/Head of School.
How to submit applications:
Please submit applications to our HR Officer, with the subject line: Registration of Interest – (Position applying for).
- We attempt to speak with every Australian teacher who applies to our school
- Interviews take place on a rolling basis throughout the year
- The age limit for applicants is 62 years or less due to local UAE government regulations.
Please be aware that there is an AIS Dubai job scam that has circulated previously. It is very thorough and looks very professional. It asks for all your details including your passport number and for you to pay visa costs that will be reimbursed at a later date.
We hereby confirm that none of these offers are authentic and we do not use any recruitment agencies for hiring. Any potential recruitment opportunities are posted on our school website. Please note, we appreciate ongoing expressions of interest and as a result of the interest we have received so far we usually recruit straight from these EOI's which is more efficient for everybody.